Dr Alistair Campbell
MBBS (QLD) FRACS (Urol)
John Flynn Specialist Centre
42 Inland Drive
(07) 5598 0088
Born in Brisbane Dr Alistair Campbell attended the IONA College where he was awarded Dux. Being a keen rugby player he played in the first fifteen and subsequently went on to play grade rugby. Following this Dr Campbell attended the University Of Queensland Medical School. On completion of his internship and residency at the Princess Alexander Hospital Brisbane Dr Campbell was one the first and youngest to pass the primary examination. He then went on to do further studies in cardiac and general surgery where he was accepted on to both the general and urological surgical training program in 2001.
After being accepted on the urological training programme Dr Campbell became the youngest person in Australia to become a urologist. After earning his fellowship qualifications he completed a fellowship year at the Institute of Urology London where he was also asked to stay on as a consultant urology surgeon. During this time Dr Campbell worked predominantly in the field of oncology more specifically minimally invasive technique, including laser surgery, andrology and erectile dysfunction.
At the Institute of Urology London Dr Campbell also performed laparoscopic surgery leading on to become one of the international mentors for Ethicon performing the first laparoscopic nephrectomies at the Mater Hospital Dublin Ireland. He then decided to move back to the Gold Coast where he opened his private practice in 2005 at the John Flynn Private Hospital. Dr Campbell also provides services to Tweed Heads and Murwillumbah Public hospital where he also provides education and training to the urology registrar’s.
Qualifications / Member of:
- University of Queensland Medical School Graduate
- Advanced Urological Training in Queensland
- Member of the Royal Australian College of surgeons and the Urological Society
- Consultant Urologist Institute of Urology London
- Robotic surgery, including radical prostatectomy and renal surgery
- Insertion of Penile prostheses
- Erectile Rehabilitation or Dysfunction
- Insertion of Argus sling or Artificial Urinary sphincter for male incontinence
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (Enlarged Prostate)